LCC Banner Procurement Procedure
Each year, Maverick Athletic Boosters coordinates the Banner Program. Each team liaison can procure sponsorships, have banners printed, and hang those banners – or enlist another parent on the team to do so. Banners that are hung in the gym are 6’x2.5’; those hung along the main corridor in the stadium are 6’x4’. Each sponsor pays $500 for either, but there are two different sponsor forms; be sure you give your sponsors the correct form. Stadium banners are 6’x4′ and cost $107 to produce; Gym banners are 6’x2.5′ and cost $96 to produce, so your team nets about $400 per banner.
The following procedure must be followed by the team banner coordinators:
- Print the applicable Banner Sponsorship form (Stadium or Gym). Fill in your name and email, as well as your team name (be sure to specify boys or girls if applicable) in the appropriate spots on the sponsorship forms. Print as many copies of each order form as you need to provide a form to each business that you approach to sponsor your team.
- Sponsors should hand their completed form to you (with check, unless they’re paying by credit card) and then email their artwork to you. You, in turn, email the sponsor’s artwork to Minuteman Press (firstname.lastname@example.org) and request a standard 4’x6′ or 2.5’x6′ LCC banner.
- Submit all completed banner sponsorship forms and checks to the Foundation office with the appropriate Check or Credit Card Deposit form; the income code is 1640.
- Once payment is processed, Ellen Haines (Foundation bookkeeper) will inform the banner chair, who tracks the order in which banners are paid. The banner chair will contact you to determine banner placement based on current availability.
- When you receive the invoice, submit it with a Check Request to the Foundation office; the expense code is 2640.
- Minuteman will print the banner and contact you to coordinate delivery. Each team is responsible for hanging the banners with the included zip ties in the predetermined location and checking periodically that the banner stays up throughout the school year.
- At the end of the school year, each team is responsible for taking your sponsors’ banners down. If they are still in good shape (i.e., can be reused), the Foundation can store them on campus or you can store them at home. Banners can be rehung if the company chooses to sponsor your team the following year.