Roles & Responsibilities of Team Liaisons
- Business manager – collect and track donations; make deposits and submit check requests; verify accuracy of monthly P&L statement; coordinate team fundraising; establish team budget in conjunction with coach (consider short and long term needs)
- Support coach – communicate regarding team needs; establish procedure for obtaining signatures on check requests
- Communicate team & MAB information to parents (forward emails as requested)
- Coordinate social activities (kick off parties, end of season banquets, parent gatherings)
- Support LCC, Foundation, and MAB – ensure parents know how to share feedback about LCC Athletics programs
- Attend all MAB meetings (or send a team representative if unable to attend)
- Keep detailed records of what you do throughout the year to pass on to your successor; this should include a timeline, passwords, & vendor contact info (preferably stored in Dropbox)
- In conjunction with the coach, identify your successor and facilitate the transition
- Communicate with MAB President, Bookkeeper, and Athletic Director regarding any questions or issues that arise
- Coordinate with coach regarding team’s ASB account, if applicable.
AT NO TIME do liaisons pay for any competitions with personal credit cards.
Roles & Responsibilities of Coaches
- Coach – make all decisions regarding roster, playing time, training, etc.
- Clearly communicate expectations and responsibilities to athletes and parents
- Manage coaching staff for entire program
- Register team/individuals for competitions, tournaments, etc.
- Schedule practices & reserve field space as necessary
- Arrange for bus transportation with the Athletic Director’s office
- Support liaisons – be clear about what you need help with; establish procedure for obtaining signatures on check requests
- Promote LCC, Foundation, and MAB activities to athletes
- In conjunction with the liaison, identify his/her successor
- Collaborate with liaison to establish team budget; have a clear understanding of available funds and anticipated expenses, including floater coach stipends
- Ensure each athlete obtains athletic clearance prior to participating in any official practice or competition; have waivers and emergency cards for all athletes at all practices and competitions
- Coordinate with liaison regarding team’s ASB account, if applicable.
AT NO TIME do coaches have access to any parent donation information.