Roles & Responsibilities of Team Liaisons
- Business manager – collect and track donations; make deposits and submit check requests; verify accuracy of monthly P&L statement; coordinate team fundraising; establish team budget in conjunction with coach (consider short and long term needs)
- Support coach – communicate regarding team needs; establish procedure for obtaining signatures on check requests
- Communicate team & MAB information to parents
- Coordinate social activities (kick off parties, end of season banquets, parent gatherings)
- Support LCC, Foundation, and MAB activities
- Attend all MAB meetings (or send a team representative if unable to attend)
- Keep detailed records of what you do throughout the year to pass on to your successor; this should include a timeline stored in Dropbox
- In conjunction with the coach, identify your successor and facilitate the transition
AT NO TIME do liaisons pay for any competitions with personal credit cards.
Roles & Responsibilities of Coaches
- Coach – make all decisions regarding roster, playing time, training, etc.
- Clearly communicate expectations and responsibilities to athletes
- Manage assistant coaches
- Register team/individuals for competitions, tournaments, etc.
- Schedule practices & reserve field space as necessary
- Arrange for bus transportation with the district
- Support liaisons – be clear about what you need help with; establish procedure for obtaining signatures on check requests
- Promote LCC, Foundation, and MAB activities to athletes
- In conjunction with the liaison, identify his/her successor
- Collaborate with liaison to establish team budget; have a clear understanding of available funds and anticipated expenses
- Ensure each athlete obtains athletic clearance prior to participating in any official practice or competition
AT NO TIME do coaches have access to any parent donation information.